Home Away from Home

Housing and Residence Life is here for you. We want to make sure all of your questions are answered to help you feel right at home. We have compiled some frequently asked questions to help guide you through residence life. Topics include:

For other questions, please view the related pages of our site.

Student Classifications

We consider an upperclassman student to be an undergraduate student who is no longer a student in their first-year or freshman year of college. They are either a transfer or returning student who is classified as a sophomore, junior, or senior. They are students who are usually in their second year or more.

We consider a graduate student to be a student who has earned a bachelor's degree and is pursuing an additional degree.

We consider a professional student to be a student who has earned a bachelor's degree and is pursuing additional education in a specific field.

We define a new student as a student that has not lived in Housing at Augusta University prior to the semester they are applying. A returning student means the student has lived in Housing at Augusta University prior to the semester they are applying.



The $200 deposit you paid was for your admission/tuition and is not affiliated with Augusta University Housing. The Application fee within the housing portal is to guarantee your housing for our department and is the only "deposit" for housing required.  

All payments are through your student account set up by the Business Office. They have payment plans through Nelnet that are available until the end of drop/add each semester. You may contact the Business Office at 706-737-1767. Please note that we do not have a way to take payment through our office.

There is an application fee for new students of $150 and a prepayment/deposit of $200 for students that are returning who have lived in housing before. If you have paid the payment within the application and can sign the contract, then you are good to go.

You may want to try another payment form. We accept credit cards and electronic checks through TouchNet. This system is very secure and requires all information to be entered just as your financial institution has it reported. Check the address and abbreviate as they have abbreviated. If you are using an electronic check, you will want to verify your routing number is correct. If you are still having problems, please give us a call at 706-729-2300.



Professional Staff

  • Resident Life Coordinator - The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) for each community is a full-time, master’s level, professional staff member who lives in an on-campus apartment within their residential community. RLCs are an integral component to your success by creating a community where learning and community involvement are honored by providing a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for all.

Student Staff

  • Resident Assistant - The Resident Assistants (RAs) are live-in student staff who work with other residential staff to facilitate an environment within the residential community that promotes the educational experience of residential living. The RAs are responsible for facilitating a positive community among residents, promoting a safe and comfortable living environment, and serving as departmental and university representatives and role models - all while living in a department-assigned unit within a Housing and Residence Life community.
  • Desk Assistant - The Desk Assistants (DAs) are part-time student paraprofessionals within the Department of Housing & Residence Life. Desk Assistants are responsible for assisting Residence Life staff in the effective administrative role of the residence halls. They are often found at the front desk of the residence hall community.

Yes! Please visit our staff page.





First Year students are not required to live in on-campus housing during their first year of enrollment. We do not have a mandatory on-campus first-year student residence policy in place.

Unfortunately, effective 2018, East Georgia State College students are no longer eligible to live on our campus.

We do not offer housing to Dual Enrollment students.

All undergraduate students (First-Years to Seniors) are required to have a meal plan.

Academic Year Contracts are full a full 10 months (Fall & Spring semesters). Twelve Month Contracts are for a full 12 months.

Please visit our page for current residents for more information.

We do not allow personal pets in the residence halls; however, we do allow all assistance animals. Assistance Animals (service and support animals) are defined by Augusta University policy.

Augusta University is not responsible for the care or supervision of assistance animals. For a service animal to be approved to live within the Residence Hall, the student must first go through Testing and Disability Services. TDS can be reached at 706-737-1469.


On and Off-Campus Housing

Depending of staff availability, students may schedule a virtual tour or an in-person tour of a model room – not their specific dorm room – with Housing & Residence Life. A virtual tour is also available on the Housing & Residence Lifewebsite, along with photo tours of each residence hall and dorm rooms.

Please refer to the room and roommate selections tab at the bottom of the page. This informative page details the different dates first-year students and returning students need to know regarding roommate selection, along with information about room selection.

Access the housing calendar for move-in and other important dates.

Augusta University’s on-campus accommodations offer a variety of amenities. Please visit the residence hall page to learn more.

All on-campus housing accommodations include security, including either card swipe for entry, gated access to parking lot (University Village), and/or campus security. The Augusta University Police Department is accessible 24/7, along with access to the RAVE Guardian App and the Jaguar Safety Patrol.

There are many parking and transportation options available through Augusta University. For students, all vehicles need a permit to park on Augusta University property, which will be applied to through the Parking Management Portal. When applying for a permit, students are asked to have license plate and payment information available to complete the transaction.


Students, employees and visitors can also apply for a daily parking permit through the ParkMobile app, and permits can be scheduled in advance or upon arrival to campus. Most lots will charge about $4 per day.


There are many lots assigned for students to park in. Students should review the Residential Student Parking Guidelineresource that provides lot numbers, locations and permit prices.


Students who do not have their own mode of transportation can also utilize Augusta University’s free campus shuttle service, JagExpress. All JagExpress shuttles are GPS-equipped with trackable routes and locations in real-time through the PassioGO app.

Contact Housing and Residence Life for additional information or specific questions at (706) 729 – 2300 or via email at residencelife@augusta.edu. The office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Students who have been place on Augusta University’s on-campus housing waitlist can view their waitlist placement by following these steps:

  1. Login into the Housing Portal.
  2. Once logged in, select “Requests.”
  3. Then, it will say “Select Your Requests.” Use the drop-down menu and select “Upperclassmen Waitlist.”
  4. For there, click “continue” until you get all the way to the “Waitlist Status” page.
  5. On the final page, you will see you name and placement number.

For the 2024-2025 academic year, students who are the on-campus housing waitlist should first refer to the waitlist placement number. If your waitlist number is below 25, then you will likely be assigned on-campus housing by July 15. If your waitlist is above 25, then you will likely not be assigned housing and will have to look into alternative options. We advise all students on the waitlist to explore off-campus housing options to ensure a smooth transition 2024-2025 academic year.


Students can access Augusta University’s Off-Campus Marketplace which provides alternative housing options, a roommate search, amenities, resources on public transit and transportation, and renter education.


Below are additional housing options for students to explore, which are not listed on the AU Off-Campus Marketplace.  We encourage students to ask about monthly student specials at each location.

These locations are